Friday 19 April 2013

Crazy Collar!


Crazy indeed! Nobody expected how popular detachable collars could be. I too was amazed but loved it at a glance and I said to myself – “Eureka!! I just found something great to study and pen on”.
Writing this just made me recall my school uniform, I clearly remember how the tie felt around the neck and yes, I confess…. I hated it! However a decade later, I find myself sitting and writing about it,  J  ironic isn’t it? Now instead of looking awkward, I smug myself in appreciating the style, after all it the latest ‘it’ accessory.
Taking inspiration from the 40’s, the AW 2011 saw the discreet usage of collars, when Louis Vuitton used it to give a finished look in every shirt, dress, or coat in the collection. The popularity of the 70 years old fashion laid in its ability to transform something old to something new without spending much.
Let’s get an insight of the collar designs that the season has to offer.

 Embellished Collar
It will match with your round neck oversized top, avoid cluttering up with high end jewelry to over accessorize your look.

Lace Hooked Collar
This was custom made to add a grace to your old monotone shirt that you hardly wear.

Crochet Tie-Up Collar

Crochet detailing with beads, what else you would need to accessorize with your round neck tunic top?

Spread Bead Collar
Look as prettier than ever with a white dress, the spread bead collar is just what you needed for your outfit.


These are few of the collars you can try on this season; however keep in mind the guidelines for accessorizing the detachable collar.
·         Make sure it fits snugly at the base of your neck, neither strangling tight nor gaping. 
·          Follow the shape of the design, for example rounded collars look better with rounded necklines. 
·          Pointed shirt collars can go over a round neck or a v-neck, just keep the amount of skin in check. 
·          Ideally you want the look to be as if the collar is attached to the top, but if you show a centimeter of skin here or there, that’s not too bad. 
·          Mix and match the color and material of the collar with a contrasting garment – that's the whole point. So wear a black collar with a white dress, or a gold collar with a basic sweater.

So get stylish J